Red Willow County Weed Superintendent
502 Norris Ave.
McCook, NE 69001
Complaints about noxious weeds in Red Willow County can be made by calling
the Weed Superintendent's office at (308) 345-4333 or by completing the weed
complaint form provided here and submitting it to Red Willow County Noxious
Weed Control Authority. You can print this form out and mail it to the office
at: 502 Norris Ave, McCook, NE 69001. Click
Here for the form.
You will need the Adobe Reader to view or print the form.
Click on the button below to download the Adobe Reader.
The county weed superintendent duties include:
- Being certified, in writing, by the Nebraska Department of Agriculture as a commercial applicator.
- Examining all lands under the jurisdiction of the control authority to determine if the Noxious Weed Control Act and the rules and regulations are being complied with.
- Compiling infestation data and other reports as the Director of Agriculture or control authority may require.
- Supervising and carrying out the coordinated control program within the county.
- Completing 20 hours of continuing education, annually.
- Ascertaining and tabulating the approximate amount and location of land infested with noxious weeds in the county, annually.
- Ascertaining and preparing information required by the county board for preparation of the county budget.
Nebraska Weed Control Association
Noxious Weeds: Distinctive Characteristics
Notice of Weed Control